The following are just a few easily implemented SEO Techniques that will improve your overall website optimisation.
#1 SEO Technique: Focus on User Experience (UX)
Knowing and understanding your client is fundamental in any Marketing Campaign.
A sound practice is to have your websites visitors perspective in clear focus so as to make their experience on your site engaging.
The whole purpose of most sites is to engage with visitors, improve customer satisfaction and acquire customer loyalty with the sites content, ease of use, navigation and ultimately converting those visitors into clients.
Keeping in mind, that you do know your audience (clients) then address their needs and expectations when the come upon your website, for example;
- Would they be more likely to want to talk to someone over sending an email
– Which many of us have reservations of doing as they seem to get lost in a void with never a response
- Are you providing a Service that requires you to attend to the clients premises (Residential/Commercial) then why not ADD an Appointment Scheduler
– Clearly defining the Days and Times that you are available to meet with them
- If you are only promoting a Mobile Number, spell out that you are available on this number from, say, 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday
- Have a ‘Pop Up’ saying ‘Available to Speak with you right now, call XXXXXXXXX”
- An option to Download or eMail more info
Again, keep in mind as to what your clients would expect as many business owners design their website as if it is a glossy brochure with little to no direction as to what they (business owners) want the customer to do next
#2 SEO Technique: Keyword Research
Without a doubt Keyword Research is still fundamental in not only attaining Rankings in google but to clearly defining your Online Market.
#3 SEO Technique: Mobile First
Mobile searches have been increasing over the years with some industry sectors having nearly 50% from mobile devices.
Add to the fact that Google has clearly given notice that;
“pages where content is not easily accessible to a user on the transition from the mobile search results may not rank as highly” Google Webmaster Central Blog
If your site is not fully mobile optomised and thus not mobile friendly, then you can expect to experience a decline in your rankings.
Case in Point: As at the time of composing this article (June 2017) www.HavocDigital.co own website after a recent hack attack is NOT mobile friendly at all.
For security reasons and as a result we are upgrading the site this functionality has been restricted.
- Consequently, we saw a significant drop in our rankings in the SERP’s.
*NB another area where Google has been emphasising is ‘Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), this will enable ‘instant’ loading and will be of huge user benefit on mobile devices.
As part of our On-Page SEO Recommendations report to clients, we will be providing specific advice as to the action necessary – on a case by case basis.
#4 SEO Technique: Claim Your Business
Failing to ‘claim’ your business registration within Google’s ‘My Business’ profile will certainly inhibit your digital presence!
A USA study revealed;
“56% of Local Retailers have not claimed their Google ‘My Business’ listing.”
Why would you not?
Surely you have also registered your Business Telephone Number to Yellowpages!
Mobile search is becoming more prevalent with studies stating that just over 20% of all searches have LOCAL intent.
With smartphone users seeking out;
- 94% search for location information
- 51% visited a store
- 48% called a store
- 29% made a purchase
Make sure that your ‘My business’ profile is up-to-date and complete so that Google can put you in front of your potential customers within the Maps and Search results.